About the photographer
Well, I came into professional photography more by chance than choice. I developed the flair for photography while pursuing mass communication and ended being a trained cinematographer in Mumbai.
I have worked for several serials, ads, documentaries, films and music videos. But I am most comfortable looking for a tiny insect in scorching heat or for a good specimen of mushroom in dense forest. My love for nature has made me travel extensively through the forests of India and Africa.
It is said that one cannot learn more with a glass full, my glass is still empty, I need people to help me fill it up with creative, meaningful and out of the ordinary work.
- 2008-2010 Diploma (cinematography), Whistling Woods International, Mumbai.
- 2007-2008 P.G. Diploma in still photography, Jamia Millia Islamia (M.C.R.C), New Delhi.
- 2004-2007 Bachelors in Journalism and Mass Communication, Amity University, Noida.
- 2017-2018 Visiting faculty to Mass communication Research center Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- 2016-2017 Taught photography at Dr. Shakuntala Misra National Rehabilitation University, Fine Arts Department.
- Worked for underwater film services, Mumbai. Projects undertaken
- Talaash (Feature film)
- C.I.D. Serial
- Aahat Serial
- Carlsberg ad
- Shot a promotional campaign for Teach for India
- Worked on Various Mutli camera shows for Mr. Gyan Sahay (cinematographer)
- Assisted Mr. Krishnamurthy (cinematographer) on sets of ‘gutargoon’ a show on sub tv
- Conducted a cinematography workshop in Ethiopia.
- Nikon D3s
- Nikon D200
- Nikon Fm 10
- Mamiya RB 67
- 600mm Nikkor lens
- 50 mm Nikkor lens
- 18-200 mm Nikkor Dx Format lens
- 70-300mm Nikkor lens
- 105mm Macro